Fire Jumper

Fire Jumper
Roger Wright

Monday, October 29, 2012

Pumpkin Bread: Cheese Pumpkin

Old Mother Hubbard
Went to her cupboard
To get some fresh pumpkin pie.
But her pie was not there,
So she gave her husband a glare
And said, "You ate it. Don't lie!"

This is a Cheese Pumpkin
cut in fourths
with the seeds removed

Peeled and sliced
Ready to be diced!

I coated the pumpkin flesh in
bacon grease and salt. However, any
fat would sufice.

I placed the pumpkin and the seeds
(coated in olive oil and salt)
in the oven at 450' F. I covered the pumpkin
for the first 20 minutes.

The seeds toast up in about 15-20 minutes

The pumpkin was finished in about 45 minutes
In one bowl I mixed 2 cups of almond flour,
1 tsp. of baking soda, and cinnamon.
In the other bowl I combined 2 cups of the cooked pumpkin,
1/4 cup of maple syrup,  2eggs,  1 tsp. of vanilla, and 1/4 of
coconut oil. I mixed it with an immersion blender.
Next I combined the wet and dry
ingredients and whisked by hand
to create a smooth mixture.

I coated this baking dish
(approx. 4 in. deep, 4 in. wide,  and 8 in. long)
with coconut oil and poured in the mixture.
I cooked the pumpkin bread at 350'F for about 45 minutes.
I tested it periodically with a knife, when it comes out dry
it is done.






No comments:

Post a Comment